The Clarion Regional Comprehensive Parks and Recreation Plan will address the following components:
- Administration – an inventory and analysis of the current recreation administration; the Clarion Borough Council Recreation Committee and any agreements or partnerships in existence. Special attention will be paid to the potential to work cooperatively with other public agencies, community groups and businesses on the provision of parks and recreation facilities and services.
- Personnel – an inventory and analysis of the Borough Departments and Staff responsible for management, overisght, mainteinance and operations of parks and recration.
- Facility and Open Space – an inventory and analysis of Borough and Regional parks and facilities, including parks, recreation facilities, trails, greenways and opn space.
- Maintenance – an inventory and analysis of the maintenance of parks, facilities and equipment.
- Programs – an inventory and analysis of the current recreation programs offered in the Borough and the Region with a focus on partnership opportunities.
- Financing – an inventory and analysis of the Borough funding of parks and recreation including general fund (taxes), grants, donations and income generated.
- Recommendations – based on the inventory and analysis of all the above elements, recommendations will be developed to meet the priority needs. To assist the Borough with
implementation, recommendations will be developed that include low/no cost options, medium cost options, and high cost options.